Family HealthCare Network Transportation
We offer door-to-door services:
- Patients will be picked up at their residence and dropped off at their residence after their appointment.
- Vans are equipped with an infant’s car seat and toddler’s car set (one of each, at minimum).
- When a service (e.g. pharmacy, OB/GYN) is not offered at the health center where patient lives, we will transport patient to the nearest FHCN center that offers the service.
Please click on the below links to view the schedules available in the surrounding areas. Bus passes are available at the front desk at most health centers.
TCAT (Tulare Co. Area Transit) – https://www.co.tulare.ca.us/government/rma/trans/transit.asp
- Route 10-North County route through Dinuba, Sultana, Cutler, Orosi, Yettem, Seville back to Visalia Transit
- Route 30-North East route through Ivanhoe, Woodlake, Lemon Cove, Three Rivers back to Visalia Transit.
- Visalia Transit Center located directly across from FHCN Oak Health Center.
- Encourage these routes for radiology/ultrasound appointments at Oak/Bridge health centers.
- Bus passes available at the front desk for Visalia Oak, School, Bridge.
- Bus tickets available at Porterville Health Center’s front desk.
Kings County – https://www.mykartbus.com/kartmaps.htm
- Transfer center located close to FHCN Hanford Health Center.
- Includes routes between Hanford and Armona, Avenal, Corcoran, Grangeville, Hardwick, Kettleman City, Laton, Lemoore, Stratford, and Visalia.
Blue Cross/Health Net Patients – refer to program guidelines for more information.
- Anthem Blue Cross – Call Anthem Blue Cross Transportation Reservations at 1-877-931-4755 at least 5 business days before your appointment, not including the day you call, weekends or holidays.
- Give the member ID# listed on the member ID card.
- If it’s the first time calling, give the primary care provider’s name, phone and fax numbers. Patient must also give the name of the doctor the patient is visiting and address.
- Health Net – Call 1-855-253-6863 at least 5 business days in advance.
- Give the member ID# listed on card or they can look up by patient’s full name and DOB.
- Can be scheduled 30 days out.
Valley Medical Transport – available to Medi-Cal patients who have a physical or mental disability (including wheel chair bound). 559-734-8743
- Patients on wheelchairs for non-emergent reasons.
- 5-7 days’ notice in advance.
- Straight Medi-Cal – no prior authorization.
- Medi-Cal Managed Care (Anthem Blue Cross & Health Net) require patients to contact the health insurance & request authorization and request Valley Medical Transport.
- Anthem Blue Cross & Health Net will fax the prior authorization to Valley Medical Transport. If they cannot accommodate the patient, then the insurance will find another vendor.
- Private cost – $50 round trip + $2.50 per mile